Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Saying Hi from Toronto to My Class



Hi Everyone,

What a fun way to begin the class! I'm Julie Wei from Toronto, Canada. This is my last course to completing MSPM degree, and it's been a great journey.

I'm a project manager in the department of Decision Support at St. Michael's Hospital in downtown Toronto. My main focus currently is ensuring timely patient flow and access throughout the hospital by using the right information and software to plan patients' stay better. My previous jobs were in the field of clinical research related to Osteoporosis and postmenopausal women's health. As different as they may seem, my goal is to learn and experience the different components of a healthcare system.

If you're interested, please go to: http://www.stmichaelshospital.com/

Other than work, I enjoy exploring the city of Toronto during my ever-so-little spare time especially during the summer. I also love food, so trying out different ethnic food is probably the best thing to do in Toronto as the city is filled with good restaurants. Sometimes I do abstract artwork at home or portraits of my cat if he decides to behave. I also enjoy swimming, skiing, playing piano, and sleeping!







5 comments:

Scott said...

Hi Julie,
You have a very nice looking page! Any snow flying yet in Toronto?
Scott from TM648

Bernie V Rabe said...

Hello Julie,
I agree with Scott, I like the way you put this site together.

Regards,


Bernie

Julie Wei said...

Hey Scott,
Snow, hail and rain all visited Toronto last week! What ever happened to fall?

Julie

Bernie V Rabe said...

Hello Julie,


Congratulation for being almost done. I am still on my halfway mark after this one.

As a consumer trying to comment on your site, I would probably add some newer gadget like slide show of your cat photos and maybe provide some election type message board.

Regards.

Bernie

Unknown said...

Hi Julie,

Finally I can find your blog.

Your site is excellent. You are really professional.

BTW, It becomes easily searchable in google.

The photo is nice .. (I mean the cat : ) )

Eric